Monday, November 10, 2008

Just want to share this...

As most of you know, Jay and I decided it would be best for me to stay at home with Rhae after she was born. I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful friend who helped me figure out a way to do this by giving me a job I can do from home. It helps a little, but is by no means anywhere close to what I was bringing home before. Things have been very stressful and financially tight here, and I often find myself worrying how we will continue, positive that our last dime has just gone for something. Yet, somehow, 7 months later, God is still providing for us and we are making it. I don't know how, but we are. I remember when I was making the decision whether or not to quit my job, a friend in a similar situation told me of her experience. God led her back to work, and though she could not figure out where the money came from to pay someone to care for her child in her home, it was always there. It sounded so weird, but I can honestly say I now understand. I don't often know how the bills get paid or where the grocery money mysteriously appears from, but it always does.

Well, today, one of the most amazing things ever happened to me. I don't intend to go into detail, but just want to relay, as I have so many times, just how good God is and how He continues to take care of His flock. Out of God strategically placing people in the right place at the right time (something that would only seem strangely coincidental to some), we have had a huge burden lifted today. Praise God! Simply another answered prayer. I'm telling y'all, I have been so immensely blessed, I really do wonder when I will reach my cut-off! :)

I have always been a believer and a follower. For reasons unknown to me, I went astray for a while. Not that I ever stopped believing or following, I just stopped partaking and abiding for a while...while everyone else went back to the barn, I just sort of moseyed in the pasture a little longer. I always knew where I should be and just didn't do anything about it. I haven't told many people this, mostly out of shame, but I am finding more and more I want to share it with others so that I can tell them not only is my daughter a miracle in the fact that she defied all odds and lived, but that she has served her Savior already in so many ways and doesn't even realize it! She alone, a baby not even born yet, brought me back into my flock where I should have always been. She alone, both before birth and since, has changed many dynamics in my family, breaking down walls that were slowly built up. She alone has shown the love and beauty of God to so many people just by being Rhae...beautiful, happy, loving Rhae with an unbreakable spirit. I feel so blessed that God has allowed me to be her mother and that He has welcomed me back with open arms, providing for me as all good Fathers do.

No comments: