Friday, December 26, 2008

Well, it's over

Christmas is over, and honestly, I don't know whether to be happy or sad. Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year, but it seems it gets harder and harder to enjoy every year. Maybe it has something to do with being responsible for meals and kids...you know, all the stuff we didn't have to worry about years ago, when we could stay out all night drinking and having fun, then show up at Grandma's house the next day for food prepared by someone who didn't stay out all night and didn't need Tylenol to start the day. Funny thing is, I don't miss those days all that much and wouldn't trade my life for that now. We had such a great day today. Aidan and Rhae woke up to a HUGE spread from Santa. Aidan got so excited about opening his presents from us that he could hardly finish. He would open something and want to play with it, oblivious to the fact he had more to open! It was so much fun. Rhae got some really nice toys and is trying to figure out what to do with most of them! After everything was opened and thoroughly inspected this morning, Aidan informed me this was definitely the best Christmas ever!! Oh, to be young again! I got so caught up in handing out presents and helping Rhae open hers that I only got a few pictures--shame on me! Some of the cutest I got though, are of my neice, Halle. She sat in front of her presents and once Mandy would get her started she would go to town getting into her present! She had so much fun opening them...she looked like an old pro. I tell you, I really do think our babies got crossed somehow! Not only does Halle love presents like her Aunt Dana, but she is also not very girly, like her Aunt Dana and not at all like her girly-girl of a cousin, Rhae. Halle also loves to eat like me and Rhae could care less! :)



We had our Busby Christmas at Rhonda's on Christmas Eve, as we do every year. We had a delicous meal and just enjoyed all being together. Allie couldn't join us, but Rich got her today and was able to have Christmas with her. We'll see her tomorrow to give her her present and I can't wait! We got her an Easy Bake Oven, and I hope she loves it as much as I did when I was a little girl...I wonder if that's when my love for cooking started? Afterwards, we headed over to the Wilson's for their annual Christmas party. We got to see so many people and I had a really good time, other than just being nervous walking around with Rhae. There were SO many people there, and I get very nervous when I am in a crowd with her. I got to see My Charlie and for some reason, it didn't really hit me until this year how grown up he is now. In my mind, he should still only be about 17 or 18!! He's grown into such a fine young man, just like his daddy, and even gives the, "hey baby!" greeting so familiar to those of you who know Dan!

The Clem's came to our house for Christmas morning as we have for the last 5 years. This tradition started many years ago, when we would all go to Jennifer and Molly's to see what Santa had left for Molly. After this, we would head down to Granny and Happy's for our gift swapping and then head over to the Dinning's for breakfast. Well, when Aidan finally got to where he could understand the whole Santa thing, everyone started coming over here to see the Santa stash, and eventually, we began having breakfast here. I really enjoy having everyone here and don't know what we are going to do from now on since we now have two houses that get visits from Santa! We had a good time, but it still wasn't any easier this year without Granny. I had my breakdown that had been building up late Wednesday afternoon, and if I hadn't I don't think I could have made it through the morning. Christmas is such a special time in our family, and it still just doesn't feel right without her.




Halle





I love her smile!!

Hmmmmm...

Yea!! An Alabama cheerleader!

Rhae

Aidan

Bo, Nana, and their babies

We all headed over to Mandy and Darrin's for a BIG Christmas lunch with the Howell's, Milling's, Clem's, Busby's, and Hynniman's. We had a great time and a wonderful lunch. Thanks to Mandy and Darrin for hosting the large crowd. Afterwards, we came home and all passed out for a little while. Later that night, I found my new addiction in Guitar Hero III. I am the most rockin' person in my house right now!! Michael and Susan came over for a little while, sans Hunter, and we enjoyed catching up.


So, that was our day. Loads of fun, tons of new stuff, and over way too quick. This is a sad time, because I know I only have a week left to look at my decorations. I love Santas, and i love my tree and our stockings and I wish I could leave them up year round. I've actually thought about it with my tree. I had a nurse manager once who left her tree up year round and decorated it with seasonal things. Sounds strange, but it was really pretty. Oh well, maybe next year.

My tree

My mantle with my Santas and stockings

No comments: