Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New post

I seem to have been putting posting off for a while now and have had so much going on. I thought about breaking it up into a few posts over the next week, but honestly, I would probably never get back to it. Everything started a few weeks ago, when my right shoulder started hurting again. I had an injection 6 weeks ago and if I have one more, that is basically the recommended life time doses I should get (3 in a lifetime to prevent cartlidge damage). On top of that, Rhae started with a sinus infection and it will not go away. Thick drainage from her nose ALL the time and poor thing, now her nose is raw. She gave it to me for several days and I am starting to feel better. Don't know what I'll do for her, though. I have a pharmacy in my cabinet and nothing seems to be really helping. Don't suggest anything...I've already tried it!
Ok, so that all started the week of Valentines. On Valentine's Day, we took the kids to the McWane Science Center in Birmingham. What a great place! If you've never been, please plan a trip. If you don't have kids, kidnap some. We all had a great time. I'm thinking about having Aidan's birthday there. We drove up that morning, had lunch at my favorite deli, Newk's, then spent about 3 hours at McWane. When we left, we got almost to Tuscaloosa and realized it was getting late and we would have to eat out when we got home, so we might as well stop and eat something good. We decided on Tokyo, a japanese steakhouse. Waited an hour for a table and ate for two, but had a ball! It was Aidan's second time there and Jay's first. I was so proud of Aidan. After waiting for an hour and being hungry, I was worried he would act up at a table full of adults and not want to eat anything because "I don't like that.", but he was so well mannered, and not once did I have to correct him, ask him to sit down, anything! he was great! Now, I know most of you are wondering if I drugged him, but I promise I didn't! Not only that, but he actually tried EVERYTHING we asked him to! he ate the salad with ginger dressing and liked it. He tried a few bites of soup, but didn't like it. Ate a ton of rice, all his shrimp, and most of his vegetables, but again, tried them all! he even ate with chopsticks! He had so much fun! Below are some pics from the McWane Center.

Aidan and Jay sustaining hurricaine force winds!

Aidan being eaten by a giant bass (don't you know his Bo or Uncle Steve would love to catch that?)

Aidan and Jay predicting Katrina's path on their weather forcast! (Neatest thing I've ever seen!)


A camera took a picture of Aidan's shadow and i took a picture of the shadow! Cool!

Rhae and the butterflies

Aidan and the giant piano

So this week started out bad and just kept on. Monday, I knocked the driver's side mirror off my car and have to replace the whole thing! I don't know how i did it...honestly! The rest of the week was a little of a blur, taking care of Rhae, etc, but not a fun week. Saturday morning, Rhae rolled out of our bed. Jay thinks she rolled around a pillow, but I think from where I found her, she rolled over it. she landed on the floor and didn't move. She never cried and it took her a while to catch her breath. Jay had gone to get Aidan some breakfast, so I called him freaking out and started getting dressed to go get her checked out. She really wasn't acting right. Got to the office and x-rays showed a broken forearm. They didn't show broken ribs, but I know she broke some. they watched her for a while, and she began to come around, kind of like she had just been shocked. So, we came home and she tried to roll around some but was obviously uncomfortable. She had a bottle later and took a nap. When she woke up, I noticed her forhead looked large, like she had had a haircut. I felt the top of her head and noticed the suture lines i normally felt could not be felt! her head was tight, and of course, nurse Momma freaked out! I called Chu (don't know why really--in hindsight, I think I was just freaking out) and we packed up and headed to Birmingham. Spent 3 hours in the ER there and found out everything was ok. CT showed nothing. Her x-rays actually showed several broken ribs and the arm was a little worse than we thought. So, of course since then, i haven't slept much. Every move she makes I am wide awake! Yes, she sleeps with me in the bed, but only because when she started rolling over, i was worried she might get her arms or legs caught between the metal rods of her mini-crib in my room if she rolled over and break something. we are planning to move her baby bed into my room so she can sleep in it, but just haven't done it yet. It has bumpers and i can tuck them down low so she can't get caught in the slats. Since then, she has done pretty well. today was her first day without Lortab and she did well. We also went for a follow up with her ortho in Birmingham and he said she looks good. He could believe how well she moved and that she was not as tender as he expected. i told him she just seems to be very resilient!

So, I guess that's about it. Sorry for the typos, but I'm just rushing through this so I can get to bed! Before I go, though, I just want to take a minute to talk about answered prayers! Since having Rhae, I have really been more in tune with answered prayers and noticing how even the little ones get answered! Not that these are small by any means, but here are the most recent specifics that I have been able to mark off my prayer list (actually not marked off, just a subject change)...

1. The Hurst's are off to China to pick up Hattie! Please continue praying for their safe return and that Hattie will adjust easily. Also pray for their other children, as their Ma and Da are away from them and also that they will adjust well to their new sister.

2. My friend, Christiane's little boy Tysen, is home from the hospital after being treated for pneumonia, and is recovering nicely. Also, his little sister did not get it! Yea!

3. Rhae is tolerating her pain well.

4. Many of you may remember me asking you to pray for Kira West several months ago. Well, after 4 months, she came home from the hospital today. Yes, she has been in the hospital since October and has been through so much, but this little bit is AMAZING and has a wonderful dedicated mother! Praise God!

5. My friend, Missy, had her baby today and had the easy and quick labor i have been praying for! She birthed a third son, Spencer Hayes Stroud, close to 5 hours after being induced. Mom, Dad, and baby are all doing well!

6. My friend, Cindy, is continuing to heal from back surgery. She had a small set back last week, but is doing as well as expected.

7. I'm feeling a lot of changes in my life, so for those of you who have prayed for this, know your prayers are being answered as well, but keep praying! I need a lot of it right now.

No comments: