Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our new friends

Wow, time is really flying by! My sweetie is 6 months old already! We went to the doctor the other day and she was 10# 2oz!! BIG GIRL!! She has been doing so well lately, other than the stomach virus she's finally caught from the rest of us. Like always, though, it's not slowing her down much. She is still all smiles! She is still trying desperately to roll over, she just can't get her lower body to work with her upper body. She's intent though, and will be rolling over before I know it. She is beginning to recognize faces, and she really lights up when she sees people she knows! It has begun to hit me lately just how lucky we are to have her here. I don't know if I've been in shock for 6 months, or what, but in the last few weeks, I have caught myself looking at her and just crying knowing things could have gone another way. I still don't know why we were chosen for this journey but I sure am loving it.
We really haven't had a lot going on recently, but I have had another prayer answered! I keep wondering when I'm going to reach my cut-off point! :) Thank goodness we serve a Lord who doesn't impose limits! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my OI family on our web group, but several members actually live close enough to each other to visit and I've been stuck down here in the middle of nowhere wanting that commraderie (sp?). Several months ago, I began praying for God to introduce me to another OI family close by...I knew we couldn't be the only ones in the South! Well, what I really expected was to be lead to someone in possibly Birmingham who had an older child with type I or something... somebody that could be a good supporter as well as a teacher. Well, God had different plans and I'm so glad He did! He lead me to a new OI baby, just shy of 2 months old, and with the SAME rare type II diagnosis that Rhae was given. On top of that, they live in SELMA!! That's only about 45 miles from me, for those of you who don't know our territory. Imagine my surprise! Well, even though I felt like I needed somebody that had already been through everything I would go through, I realized I already had that in the web group. This is even better! Rhae and Mary Clayton are only 4 months apart, and will be able to grow up together. I've worried about how cruel children can be, and her eventually developing a complex because she wouldn't know anyone like her. Well, now she will! I met her parents, Stephanie and Robert last week, and it was like running into long-lost friends! There was an immediate connection we all felt, and we both know God brought us to each other! On top of that, Stephanie and I realized how much we strangely have in common! God works in mysterious ways, and we are so glad to have these new friends. Mary Clayton is still in the hospital because she was also born prematurely. She is improving daily and hopefully will be receiving her first PAM treatment soon. She has a head full of black hair like Rhae did and is a pretty little girl! I've seen a picture and can't wait for our time to come when we meet. I feel so attached to her already. As you read this, please send up a little prayer for her and her parents. We are ready for this baby to come home!
My mom is here now and I think everyone has really enjoyed visiting...her with the grandkids, them with her, us and her, etc. Aidan has really missed her and has been glad to have her here for a while! She was really surprised at how much both Halle and Rhae have changed. I've added some new pictures recently so you all can see as well! I don't have much else to say for now, so I will leave you with this...

No comments: