Friday, October 17, 2008

What's your financial status?

Over the last few days, I've really been thinking about our new financial status. For those of you who don't know, we made the decision for me to put my nursing career on hold in order for me to be able to stay at home with Rhae and provide her with the best care possible. We've always lived comfortably and never thought this might happen, but then who plans to have a disabled child? Well, as you can imagine, our monthly income has dramatically declined. I've been worried about the bills, about birthdays, about Christmas, heck, about just going to the grocery store! I started my own little pity party the other night, wishing I was one of the rich people instead of the poor. All of a sudden it dawned on me--I'm richer than I've ever been in my life!! No, the money is definitely not there, but money isn't everything. We went through a traumatic pregnancy, only to have my daughter prove everyone wrong--she fought all odds and made it. I'd say that's pretty rich! I have an amazing son who is kind, loving, and smart as a whip! I'd say that's pretty rich! I have a roof over my head, clothes on my body (as old as they may be!), and don't have to walk anywhere. I'd say that's pretty rich! I have an amazing family who has been so supportive of me all my life, and love me unconditionally. I have a husband who doesn't cheat on me and doesn't run the roads. I'd say that's pretty rich! I have a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to allow me to be here everyday and somehow continue to muddle through what I sometimes feel are impossible situations. Again, pretty rich, wouldn't you say? So, while my bank account is perpetually almost empty, my life is full of things and people that make me rich beyond my wildest dreams! How rich are you?

No comments: